The Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) is a Quality Council established in 2010 in terms of the Skills Development Act Nr. 97 of 1998. Its role is to oversee the design, implementation, assessment, and certification of occupational qualifications, including trades, on the Occupational Qualifications Sub-Framework (OQSF).
In summary, the QCTO is responsible for:
- Assessment and Certification;
- Occupational Qualifications development and maintenance;
- Accreditation of Skills Development Providers and Assessment Centres;
- Establishment and management of the Occupational Qualification Sub-framework (OQSF);
- Research and Knowledge Development; and Stakeholder Management and Advocacy.