Enhancing economic development and financial sustainability through globally aligned skills development, rural development, industry transformation, strategic partnerships, research and innovation. Enhancing economic development and financial sustainability through globally aligned skills development, rural development, industry transformation, strategic partnerships, research and innovation.
Inspired visionary leadership through skills development within the transport sector
Building a forward-thinking and globally competitive workforce by facilitating skills development programmes that support the outcomes of the NSDP and respond to emerging skills needs of the transport sector.
Trust | Responsibility | Respect | Accountability | Positive attitude | Commitment | Innovation
Economic Development | Industry Skills Needs | National Priorities | Transformation
Our Strategic Goals
- To provide administrative support services and enable TETA to deliver on its mandate and ensure compliance with all governance imperatives.
- Establish mechanisms for skills planning and research capacity
- Increase access to occupationally directed programmes within the Transport Sector
- Strengthening the quality assurance system
Our Priorities and Key Achievements
Priorities and Key Achievements
Our priorities centre around the fourth industrial revolution, revenue diversification, road safety, employer participation, transformation, SMME/entrepreneurship, strategic partnerships, pandemics, TVET partnerships, Africa free trade. The following are some of our key achievements in the 2021/22 financial year.
- Bursaries: A total of 479 learners will be funded for the 2021/22 academic year until completion to the value of R76 983 750.00
- Skills programmes employed: A total of 729 learners have been funded for different skills to the value of R 18 048 078.70
- Skills programmes unemployed: A total of 2380 learners have been funded for driver skills programmes to the value of R11 723 450.00
- Learnership employed: A total of 1918 learners have been funded to the value of R23 562 438.00
- Learnership unemployed: A total of 2543 learners have been funded to the value of R55 242 800.00
- Artisan Development programme: A total of 658 learners have been funded to the value of R13 423 500.00
- Cadetship programme (Marine): A total of 95 learners have been funded to the value of R14 635 000.00
- Work Integrated Programme: Internships, Workplace Experience & Graduate Development: A total of 1411 learners have been funded to the value of R35 515 600.00
- AET Programme: A total of 628 learners have been funded towards the AET programme to the value of R13 873 500.00