Skills Development Interventions | Overview
Click here to download SARS Guide for Employers in respect of Skills Development Levy - External Guide
The SD Unit is responsible for the development, endorsement and implementation of the Transport Sector Skills Plan (SSP) through a sectorial growth strategy, profile and aggregate company Workplace Skills Plans (WSP).
It also ensures the development and implementation of Learnerships, skills programmes, qualifications and other transport related training interventions throughout the industry.
The development and implementation of strategies and projects in line with the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS) Implementation objectives, criteria and levers.
Core Functions of the Unit
- Development and implementation of the Chamber Skills Plan (Scarce and critical skills).
- Facilitate high Quality Education and Training delivery in the workplace.
- Approval of Workplace skills plans (WSP), Annual Training Reports (ATR) and Discretionary Grants.
- Disbursement of SDL and DG grants.
- Monitoring of Education, Training and Development (ETD) activities.
- Deliver and achieve training as set out by DHET SLA.
- Capacitate Stakeholders on NSDS III objectives.
- Increase Stakeholder participation.