Sub-Sectors | Freight Handling | Overview | Contacts
Freight Handling is an integral part of the supply chain management system and provides a vital support service to industries which span all modes of transport. Organised employers and employees are associated in this industry for the purpose of handling, storage and stock control through ports, airports, pipelines, distribution centres, factories and other depots.
The Freight Handling Chamber represents 572 registered stakeholders of which 100 are actively participating, with a total workforce of 25 585 employees.
Organised employer bodies are represented on the Freight Handling Management Committee through the following Associations:
- NASASA – National Stevedoring Association of South Africa
- TLEA – Transport & Logistics Employers Association
Organised employee bodies are represented on the Freight Handling Management Committee through the following organisations:
- SATAWU – South African Transport & Allied Workers Union
- SACCAWU – South African Commercial Catering & Allied Workers Union
- UTATU – United Transport and Allied Trade Unions