The Aerospace sub-sector can be defined as an industry which deals with the transportation of passengers, goods (cargo / air freight) and mail by air.
Within it’s scope of it’s operations, it also strives to:
- Air transportation and activities involving aircrafts, include various related components; their regulations; operation, design, manufacture, repair, overhaul, and testing
- it must also provide and regulate airports, heliports, air traffic and air space services, as well as the servicing, calibration and maintenance of related equipment
- We ensure conformity with international and national legislative requirements and standards, whilst simultaneously enabling global competitiveness and encouraging life long personal growth of workers within the sector.
- Enhance the overall quality of ETD standards in the Aerospace sector; in order to meet international Civil Aviation Requirements
- Increase the levels of investment in human resources in the Aerospace sector
- Ensure the provision of quality ETD delivery in line with the SAQA principles of relevance and credibility
- Promotee access to equitable opportunities in the Aerospace sector
- Achieve co-operation and establish synergies with key partners to meet common goals
The industry employs approximately 25000 employees and the Labour components is represented by SATAWU, AUSA, MWU-solidarity, SAEWA, UASA, AASA and NUMSA.
Major associations / authorities operating in the sub sector are AASA, AOA, CAASA, AMD, ATNS, ACSA and SA-CAA.